Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It wasn't what I was hoping for . . . .

but I'm not entirely surprised. Just disappointed.

But first, let me say . . .  Happy St. Patrick's Day!
It's always interesting to be in midtown Manhattan on St. Patty's Day.  The bars open at 9:30am . . . .    the bag pipe bands queue up (and tune up) just outside our offices.  And the insanity goes on from there.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The results of my MRI came back yesterday, and it seems as it there is an area of soft tissue near the area called the "prostate bed" that shows signs of additional cancer. Apparently it is a small area, but it is enough to concern the oncologist.

From my early understanding it's not a huge worry, but it certainly solidifies any questions regarding radiation treatment.

I am scheduled for two or three CTs and a bone scan on Monday to find out if there is any additional spread beyond the soft tissue involvement.  Based on my original scans back in September, there shouldn't be any thing to find.

Just another step in the process of getting this disease out of my life and moving forward.


1 comment: