Friday, July 9, 2010

Halfway home.

I thought I'd drop in and leave a quick post as today marks the halfway point in my radiation treatments for prostate cancer. Four weeks went by pretty quickly, and I'm holding up well.

I have a few issues due to the radiation, but I've been able to deal with them pretty well.  Most of it's been related to fatigue, and some other minor physical discomfort.  All of it is pretty much what I was told, and read, to expect.


As these next few weeks approach, the fatigue may become more of a factor. I've already noticed it increasing this last week. In fact, when I went to Sloan-Kettering for a treatment earlier this week, I was asleep within 2 minutes of sitting down after checking in.  One of the techs had to wake me up to let me know to start drinking the 20oz of water I'm supposed to drink before my treatment, and again when it was my turn to change for my treatment about 45 minutes later.  The triple digit temps we've had here in the northeast this week may have had an added affect on my energy level, but I've noticed my energy level decreasing pretty early in the day these last two weeks.


Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. I just thought I should make note of yet another milestone along this long road.  Once again, thanks to everyone for their continued support and prayers.  Even though this has been one of the most difficult times in my life, your friendship and support has made this trek much easier to tolerate.  I am truly blessed with a wonderful family and some great longtime friends.


Enjoy the weekend!  Cheers!


CJP

No comments:

Post a Comment