Sunday, August 30, 2009

The boys know.

Janet and I broke the news to our 3 sons yesterday morning.  It was the hardest thing we've ever had to do.


Looking at their faces, I could see them trying to be brave and hold back the tears. None of them could look me in the eye. They were definitely in shock. We explained everything we could, trying not to overwhelm them anymore than they already were. There were no questions that came from them.  They just need time.


Janet and I then stood up, held the boys in our arms, cried, and prayed for God to watch over our family.


The rest of the day went on pretty much as a normal Saturday after that.  I wouldn't want it to happen any other way. I took Jason out for some driving practice, and got some last minute shopping and errands done so he could finish packing for school.


-----------


This morning, Jason had the van packed up by 9:30 . . .  ready to get back to school.  I think that it's going to be a place of solace for him this year. It will help him to be with all his friends, and to busy working as the sound team lead for this years' theater program shows at SCSU.


Evan will probably remain the strongest through out all of this.  He's the one that seems to have the strongest sense of "self".  He's always been like that . . .  our "No Fear" kid.


Ryan, I worry about him the most. 12 years old, the "Peanut" has always been the quiet, introverted kid - though he has his break out moments with his amazingly dry sense of humor that just comes out of no where.  He's such an intelligent kid because he processes and thinks through everything, and I mean everything. When we play cards as a family, yes poker, he has ended up the big chip winner more time than I care to admit. I told him we're going to Las Vegas when he's old enough . . . or maybe something a bit more local.


I was considering going into work Monday & Tuesday as there's not a whole lot for me to do right now. My office has told me not to worry about anything, but I can't just sit around the house.  But, as Evan & Ryan don't start school until Thursday, I think I'm just going to stay home and spend some quality time with them. Janet's school starts classes Monday - half days all this week until the holiday weekend - but she's still supposed to stay at school until 4pm.  A day fishing with the kids would be a nice thing to do.  I haven't had the chance to take them out yet this summer.

NOTE:  Some days my posts are going to be pretty much like this - rambling.  Which in some cases will probably be better than what comes down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment