Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tests, news and yet another personal word or two.

Today I have my six week follow-up appointment. The results of my first blood PSA test since surgery should be in and we'll know from those results whether or not there's a significant amount of cancer still in my system.


Overall I'm feeling really good and just dealing with some extended discomfort from the surgery. I'm only able to sit comfortably for about 2 hours or so, but this is improving. Far from the amount of time I sit at my work station when at work.


I'm walking about 2 miles each day - weather dependent - in order to get some exercise and help the healing process. I am hoping to be able return to work soon, but my office seems to want me to wait until I'm able to work the full 10 hour day though I could come in and work about 6 hours or so and be pretty productive in that time.


 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


With all that drivel aside, a more important thought , , , 


As we in the US approach a national holiday where we reflect on the daily blessings of our lives and on the country, those of us who are facing a cancer diagnosis, nearing a surgery or are under treatment have many things to reflect upon. In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, and for the battle that many of us here are facing, I'd like to present these words from Ralph Waldo Emerson.


"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."   –– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peace, blessings and good health to you all.  Enjoy this day of Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

CJP
<><





No comments:

Post a Comment