Friday, August 6, 2010

Done, and DONE.

Eight weeks, five days a week, 300 doses of radiation . . . DONE! 
One year to the day of my tell tale PSA blood test that started this whole thing. 

A quick note of thanks to some of the staff of MSKCC I've become very familiar with while undergoing my cancer treatment; Dr. Bertrand Guillonneau (Surgeon), Dr. Heidi Rayala, Dr. Lewis Kampel (Medical Oncologist), Dr. Brett Cox (Radiation Oncologist), Janey Regan (Radiation Nurse), the radiation therapists (Paul, Matt, Heather and Joe), and of course the great staff of nurses in each of the respective departments represented above.


The level of care, professionalism and compassion was not only the means by which I believe I can now look to a long, and hopefully cancer free life, but provided a great personal sense that I couldn't have been in better hands.


Thanks again to those of you who have offered your words and prayers of support, and who have followed these ramblings over the last 12 months.  This blog has been a way for me to get some of the craziness of everything out of my head.

To my wife Janet, and our three sons Jason, Evan and Ryan, my parents and in-laws, close friends both here in Connecticut, and in Massachusetts;  thank you one and all.  I couldn't have made it through the last year without you.

There's still a fight left ahead of me, and tests down the road to be performed to keep an eye on this disease. I won't be declared "cancer free" for some two to five years, but I'll go with what I know now. This is done.  It's time to put it behind me, and just focus once again on life.






Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment