Thursday, June 10, 2010

Let the Barbecue Begin!



It's summertime!  And what's better than a barbecue in the summer?

Today, in about 4 hours to be exact, I'll be getting the first of forty doses of radiation to kill off whatever cancer cells may still be present in my pelvic area (the prostate "bed" to be precise).

My wife joined me on Tuesday when I had my final planning session.  I wanted her to be able to see where I would be each afternoon, and to have a mental image of the room.  I didn't do this in order for her to worry more, but so that the "not knowing" part wouldn't be a burden on her through the day.

Am I anxious?  Sure - who wouldn't be. Over a period of about 20 minutes I'll get a dose of radiation to nine specific areas - about a minute a piece. I figure in a few weeks I'll be able to host a marshmallow roast in my edit suite each afternoon.  KIDDING!!

I've read and have been told about all the possible side effects . . . .  but I have know idea which ones I'll get to experience, or how severe they may ultimately be.  Time will tell.

CJP

No comments:

Post a Comment