Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No news is . . .

just downright annoying (i think we've been here before).

We still haven't heard any news about the pathology lab report. I didn't expect to hear from the surgeon's office today as Wednesday is surgery day for the practice. What I did expect to happen today, also didn't happen.

Today was the second appointment to have my catheter removed. And disappointingly, when tested and x-rayed, there were signs of the sutures were still leaking. So for now I need to wait again to have it removed.  This time however it will mean a trip back to Sloan-Kettering instead of having it taken care of locally.

My local urologist, Dr, Jeremy Kaufman, is intelligent, informative, supportive and a really nice guy. But as he reiterated today, he wasn't my surgeon, and not having been part of the surgery and being totally aware of what transpired during my surgery, there is only a certain point to which he can make the call as to the correct time to remove the catheter.  Obviously, if the sutures are leaking, he really can't remove it yet.

So, it looks like there's an early trip back to Sloan-Kettering in New York, and an appointment with my surgeon and his staff next Tuesday.

Tomorrow is my wife Janet's birthday.  I had ordered a few things online for her (which have already arrived), but I truly wish I could do more. She really deserves it after all of this.

'Til next time. . .  cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment