Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well then . . .

barring any last minute changes, my surgery is scheduled for 8am tomorrow morning . .  with a bright and early arrival time of 6am.  Which is fine as I'm sure I'll be awake most of the night anyway.


How do I feel about it all? I'm glad that the day is finally here. Am I nervous? I'd be an idiot to not be, but i know I'm in the best of hands in one of the world's best urological surgeons & surgical cancer centers.


I also know that through my Faith, along with the love and support of my family and friends that everything will be fine in the long run.  I'm well aware of the fact that this my initial recovery will be fairly quick, but that there is still a long road ahead.  And the really cool thing?  I'll be back home in time to see the two night Monty Python special on IFC.  Nothing wrong with some good laughs when you're recovering from major surgery!


I guess that's pretty much it for now. I need to finish getting some things together and make a few phone calls.  I'll update this as soon as I can, but it may not be until Friday or Saturday when I get home.


As it's 11:30am now, I'll almost be out of surgery this time tomorrow.


Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment