Wednesday, September 2, 2009

BONE SCANS: COMPLETE

Just thought I'd drop something here - mainly for the sake of keeping my consecutive posting record intact.

So the bone scan(s) and pelvic MRI are done.  Two hours of trying to lay totally flat (keep the wise cracks to yourself people) and still. It sounded easier than it really was.

I was fortunate enough to have some great techs & nurses who were very compassionate and informative of the whole process.  The bone scan tech, Kate, asked one of the radiologists to stay a few minutes late so he could look at the scans.  Kate told me that she thought they looked really good, and wanted me to get some good news after two weeks of not knowing.

According to the radiologist, my bones look clear and the cancer looks to be localized to the prostate itself.  The best news I've heard in nearly a month.  It's not definitive, but I'll take what I can get.   Thank you Kate.

The radiologist's had all left by the time my MRI was completed, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the rest of the news.  For now, I think I'll be able to actually get a good night's sleep.

DOH!  The oncologist appointment is at 8am  and it's about 45 minute drive (Barring any major traffic issues on I-95 north on the Thursday before Labor Day Weekend.  (Looks like we're leaving about 6:45 just to be safe).

One last, and important note. . . .   many thanks to all our friends out there for their words of support.  You guys are great and we appreciate all the prayers and positive energy.


Cheers!

CJP

No comments:

Post a Comment