Saturday, September 12, 2009

one step at a time I guess.

As much as I would like to just get on with it, I guess there's some waiting involved.

I have made consultation appointments starting in 2 weeks with two surgeons who perform robotic radical prostatectomies using the da Vinci robotic surgical system; one at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan, another one at Hartford Hospital.

I am told I need to wait 8 weeks after the biopsy date before I can have surgery to avoid any added chance of infection. So at the earliest I can have surgery is the first week of November . . .  ugh!  At that point it's also a matter of the surgical schedule.  Oh good . . . more waiting.

For now, I'm going to go back to work beginning this Monday. I'm hoping for a bit more of a relaxed schedule so when the time comes I can make all my appointments, and be well rested for when the surgery time comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment