Wednesday, September 30, 2009

14 days, and counting . . .

and I'll be under the knife.


I'm scheduled for a couple of more tests tomorrow, and then again next Tuesday. Mainly they are just to confirm I'm healthy enough for surgery, and to get baseline readings on blood pressure, blood chemistry, EKG, etc.  All stuff moving closer.


Of course I'm looking forward to getting the surgery over with, but at the same time I have to admit - I'm becoming more anxious about it as time goes on. It may have more to do with the fact that I'm not all that busy at work right now, and it's hard to keep the mind from drifting too much.


I'm not worried so much about myself, as much as I am about Janet and the boys. I'm fully aware of the risks of the surgery, and surgery in general, and I'm worried that they won't be prepared if anything were to happen. It's certainly not something I can speak with the kids about, and of course Janet's staying positive (as I am) that everything will be fine - so the discussion of "what if" won't ever happen between us.


NOW FOR THE MUCH LIGHTER NOTE . . . . .


On a kind of ironic side note, after twice having rescheduled my service for jury duty in Connecticut . . . .   my last rescheduled date is next Tuesday, Oct. 6th.  Of course I can't make it as I have my last set of pre-surgical tests and exams that same day!  


Obviously, I've planned this all along just to avoid serving.  I hope that the State of Connecticut doesn't find out.  ;^) Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa





No comments:

Post a Comment