Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good afternoon friends . . . .

As I mentioned late yesterday (9/2/09), the bone scan that was done appeared to be clear, and that there has been no spread into my bones. The feeling of relief over this small bit of news was overwhelming.   The first good news in about 3 weeks!

Janet was on the phone talking with one of her best friends (college roommates) when I got back home from getting the scans done, and I didn't want to interrupt her call. . . .  so I waited to tell her. . . and waited,  and waited.  When Janet and Joan talk, they TALK.  When I finally had the chance to tell Janet about the bone scan, it had been almost 4 hours!  She broke down in tears of relief as soon as it sunk in. (She then punched me in the arm for not telling her as soon as I got home). There's just been too much not knowing.

- - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - -

Janet and I met with the oncologist this morning, mainly to walk through the all the test results, and also to discuss the treatment options.

The radiologist still needs to review the MRI to determine if there's any issue with surrounding tissue or lymph nodes being affected before we make any decisions.  But, I'll take all good news as I can get it.

To everyone that has emailed, texted or called - thanks again so much for your concern and well wishes.  I'll say it again - I feel good and I'm not experiencing any symptoms, and I'm ready to get on to the next step to fight this off.  Faith, family & friends . . .  that's what really matters, and that's what will get my family and I through this.

If there's any more news, you'll see it here first.

CJP

2 comments:

  1. This is a huge bit of good news. You are in our prayers and I put you on the prayer chain at our church. Thinking of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorie.

    We'll take all the prayers we can get.

    ReplyDelete